Cream of the crew
DOZENS of Year 6 students from schools around Stevenage have been honoured for their exceptional work and participation in this year s Crucial Crew scheme. A total of 1,500 children from 32 schools were involved in the 12th year of Crucial Crew, which sta
DOZENS of Year 6 students from schools around Stevenage have been honoured for their exceptional work and participation in this year's Crucial Crew scheme.
A total of 1,500 children from 32 schools were involved in the 12th year of Crucial Crew, which started on September 18 and ran for three weeks.
Crucial Crew aims to educate and test young people on a variety of safety issues.
In a series of two-hour sessions at Bowes Lyon House Centre, the pupils took part in fun exercises based around 10 different scenarios, including personal safety, citizenship and environmental issues.
You may also want to watch:
During these scenarios, students were awarded merit cards when they performed exceptionally well. Youngsters who received six or more merit cards were invited to a special presentation at Daneshill House on Friday.
At the event, mayor designate Graham Clark presented over 30 high achieving students with certificates and gift vouchers. Knebworth School won the Laura Gant Award for the second time, repeating their 2003 victory. Every year this award is presented to the school with the highest overall score.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
Knebworth, Woolenwick and Shephalbury Park were tied in the Best Group category.
Executive councillor for housing and health, Ann Webb, said: "Crucial Crew is a great opportunity for young people to learn valuable health and safety lessons in a fun and stimulating way and encourages them to be responsible citizens.
"We are very grateful to the Stevenage Community Trust for their on-going financial support of Crucial Crew, without which this project would not be able to continue.