Crawley boss: We should have won 5-1
- Credit: Archant
John Gregory says his side forced Stevenage to ‘camp in their own penalty box’ for the last 40 minutes of the match
John Gregory said it would have been a ‘travesty’ had his side not got anything from the match with Stevenage last night (Tuesday).
Crawley scored a 92nd minute equaliser after earlier spurning a number of second-half chances, including a Matt Tubbs penalty that Boro goalkeeper Chris Day saved with 15 minutes to go.
Speaking after the match, and about the number of chances his side had in the second half, Gregory said: “It would have been a travesty, but it really didn’t feel as if it wasn’t going to be our night.
“We put on Jamie Proctor who is an amazing athlete and we stuck the ball behind the Stevenage back four time and again and got Jamie to use his strength to push Stevenage back towards their own goal and they really just had to camp in their own penalty box for the last 40-odd minutes of the second half.
You may also want to watch:
“We went on to miss chance after chance and we should have won 5-1 without any question, but we didn’t and fortunately we got away with a point.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction