Couple mark 70th wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE who will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary this month say staying young at heart is the key to their success.
Ernest and Jean Cooper met in Knebworth, where Jean was a parlour maid and Ernest a gardener.
The couple soon got engaged, before marrying in Shephall, Stevenage.
On the key to the success of their long marriage, Mrs Cooper, 90, who lives with 91-year-old Mr Cooper in Kings Walden, said: “I’m quite an easy-going person and young at heart. That’s the best way to be.
“I like music – when it comes on, my feet start tapping. I keep active, and do crosswords. If I’m not doing anything, I’m using my hands and fingers.
You may also want to watch:
“We are lucky to have got this far.”
The couple have three children, three grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 8 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
They celebrate their anniversary on July 31.