Couple left cut, bruised and broken in vicious road attack
A violent thug who floored a driver and punched his female passenger in the face in Stevenage is being hunted by police.
The victims were travelling in an Audi TT on Broadhall Way at around 4.10pm on Saturday when the driver of a dark coloured people carrier behind repeatedly flashed its lights and beeped its horn.
Pulling over to see if there was anything wrong with his car, the driver was approached by the man who punched him several times in the face before throwing him to the floor. The woman came to help and was also punched in the face.
The attacker, who is described as in his early to mid 30s with a medium build and short brown hair, then left the scene.
The victims, a man aged 33 from East Finchley, and a woman aged 27 from Tottenham both suffered bruising and cuts to their faces. The man also dislocated his elbow.
Herts Police are appealing for help to catch the offender. If you saw the incident or can help in any way, call DC Emma Landucci via the non-emergency number 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe