Couple in harmony to back record
A HUSBAND and wife are hoping for chart success after releasing a single. Pippa and Tom Gearing, of Ringtale Place, Baldock, teamed up with vocal talent Karen Louise, of Welwyn, to produce the track Lost in U which is now available on digital download. Pi
A HUSBAND and wife are hoping for chart success after releasing a single.
Pippa and Tom Gearing, of Ringtale Place, Baldock, teamed up with vocal talent Karen Louise, of Welwyn, to produce the track Lost in U which is now available on digital download.
Pippa, a backing vocalist, and Tom, a songwriter and pianist, met Karen Louise in 2003.
Lost in U is one of 12 tracks on the album Bringing Me Home which is due for release in September, under Welwyn GC label Starfisch Records.
You may also want to watch:
Pippa, 26, is the sole backing singer on 11 out of the 12 tracks.
She also arranged the strings and co-wrote three of the songs.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
She said: "It's very exciting and it's been really fun for me. To have 90 per cent backing vocals on an album is virtually unheard of.
"As a relatively new person to the industry it's been very flattering for me and it's helped launch my career."
She added: "Obviously its early days, but when you believe in something and pour your heart and soul into it, something wonderful is bound to come out of it."
Tom, 26, co-wrote the album with Karen Louise, 24, and provided piano accompaniment.
He said: "I have been involved in music for quite a long time now but if this is successful it will be a great boost for our careers."
Pippa added: "You never know how these things are going to go. It can take years to get off the ground but Karen is so talented. It's a first class album.
"It's really taken off for us but it's still early days. Just to achieve this much is great but it will be ground-breaking for us if this goes big."
The release of Bringing Me Home will coincide with Karen and Tom supporting X-Factor finalist Journey South on a 39-date UK tour, starting on September 16.