Council terminates agreement with Churchgate contractor Simons
- Credit: Archant
A COUNCIL has today (Tuesday) terminated its agreement with Churchgate contractor Simons.
Today – March 19 – marked the cut-off date for the developer to submit a planning application to North Herts District Council for the Hitchin project.
It had asked for an extension to that date at a full council meeting in January, but was denied by councillors.
In a statement released to the Comet this afternoon, Simons’ Graeme Cosgrove said: “We are extremely disappointed by the council’s decision to terminate our development agreement, especially in light of the level of genuine public support we received at our information days in January.
“Whilst we feel that this is a significant missed opportunity, we have to respect the decision made by the committee members and wish them the best of luck for future developments regarding the Churchgate centre.”
You may also want to watch:
See more in Thursday’s Comet.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed