Council sign leaves Baldock residents puzzled
- Credit: Archant
Residents have been left puzzled by a misleading council sign.
Baldock residents have been left puzzled by a council sign stating that road marking works will be taking place in Church Street on the non-existent days of February 29 and 30.
North Herts District Council are carrying out road marking works from tomorrow (Tuesday) until Friday and have warned residents not to park on the street, otherwise their cars will be relocated.
Patrick Kavanagh said: “Please let the North Herts District Council know that the residents of the Church Street and Orchard Road area appreciate the decision of the council to add two days to the month of February.”
And on Twitter @penfoldsparty tweeted NHDC to say; “If you’d like my 6 year old to tell you how many days February has let me know.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for NHDC said: “The error was picked up this morning (Monday) and it should now be amended to read Feb 25th-28th.”
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Knebworth's Jamie Rutherford lands Tour Championship with dramatic final round
- 10 Stevenage 'miles better' but have to be more ruthless in front of goal says Revell