Council’s Strong point
IT WAS all change at the top as North Hertfordshire District Council chose its new chairman. Taking the helm this year is Cllr Claire Strong, who took over from Cllr Lynda Needham. The vice chairman for 2006/07 is Cllr Alan Bardett, who represents Knebwor
IT WAS all change at the top as North Hertfordshire District Council chose its new chairman.
Taking the helm this year is Cllr Claire Strong, who took over from Cllr Lynda Needham.
The vice chairman for 2006/07 is Cllr Alan Bardett, who represents Knebworth.
Cllr Strong has represented Offa ward on NHDC for 11 years. She is married with a daughter and is a European IT manager.
Breaking with the tradition of the chairman having a charity for their year in office, Cllr Strong has decided to help a range of voluntary groups.
"I am very aware there are a lot of groups in the towns and villages and they all need support.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 7 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 8 National award for Hitchin property company
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
"Rather than pick one I would like to be an enabler so people are aware of them and will think about making a donation to the charity of their choice," she said.
If anyone would like help from Cllr Strong they should contact the chairman's secretary Reena Bagga on 01462 474647.