Council’s Strong point
IT WAS all change at the top as North Hertfordshire District Council chose its new chairman. Taking the helm this year is Cllr Claire Strong, who took over from Cllr Lynda Needham. The vice chairman for 2006/07 is Cllr Alan Bardett, who represents Knebwor
IT WAS all change at the top as North Hertfordshire District Council chose its new chairman.
Taking the helm this year is Cllr Claire Strong, who took over from Cllr Lynda Needham.
The vice chairman for 2006/07 is Cllr Alan Bardett, who represents Knebworth.
Cllr Strong has represented Offa ward on NHDC for 11 years. She is married with a daughter and is a European IT manager.
You may also want to watch:
Breaking with the tradition of the chairman having a charity for their year in office, Cllr Strong has decided to help a range of voluntary groups.
"I am very aware there are a lot of groups in the towns and villages and they all need support.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
"Rather than pick one I would like to be an enabler so people are aware of them and will think about making a donation to the charity of their choice," she said.
If anyone would like help from Cllr Strong they should contact the chairman's secretary Reena Bagga on 01462 474647.