Council appoint park champion
ON the eve of a multi-million renovation of a historic Hertfordshire park the council have appointed a new champion for their cause.
Sally Everett will soon be a familiar face to everyone using the Howard Park and Gardens in Letchworth GC.
She has been appointed North Herts District Council’s park champion to help bring this historic site back to its full glory.
Mrs Everett said: “The Council is making a huge commitment to Howard Park and Gardens, in partnership with the Heritage Lottery Fund and the BIG Lottery Fund’s ‘Parks For People’ scheme,”
“We want to make it a safe and welcoming place so more people use it, bringing it back to life and making it a community venue.
You may also want to watch:
“There are so many things we could do, from having live music and drama to picnics in the park, nature walks and trails.
“This is an extraordinary asset to have in a town centre and I want to make sure everyone knows it is there and that as many people as possible are involved in making it enjoyable for everyone.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 4 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 9 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 10 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
At present Mrs Everett will be based at the NHDC offices in Gernon Road, Letchworth, but she will be moving to the Mrs Howard Memorial Hall off Norton Way South.
Among her responsibilities will be keeping the public informed about the �2.7million year-long refurbishment, which starts this autumn.
She can be contacted on 07825896789 or online at email@example.com.