Could your child turn on Hitchin’s Christmas lights?
- Credit: Archant
A competition is open for a lucky child to turn on Hitchin’s Christmas lights next weekend.
Children from Hitchin and the surrounding villages aged from four to 16 are invited to volunteer to turn on the town centre lights next Friday, November 24, with entries required by Saturday.
The lucky winner will be collected from their home by Dennis the Fire Engine and the Ladder 87 crew, with a ride into town ahead of the big switch-on.
The competition is being run by Hitchin BID in conjunction with Ladder 87.
Town centre manager Keith Hoskins said: “The Christmas tree lights is one of our most popular events and has grown over the years, so we’re delighted that once again this year a local child has the opportunity to do the big switch-on.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year the lights were switched on by Molly Ivanski-Nichol, who was six.
To enter, go to ladder87company.com/christmas-competition.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years