Consultation opens for plans to build homes on Baldock Police Station site
A PUBLIC consultation will start for plans to build homes on a former police station site.
North Hertfordshire Homes are asking members of the public to voice their thoughts on the architectural design of the buildings likely to occupy the former Baldock Police Station site.
The consultation will open on Thursday between 3pm and 8pm at St Mary’s Church Hall, Church Street Baldock.
North Hertfordshire Homes will be submitting a planning application for eight new houses in a traditional style, to compliment local materials and with self contained secure parking.
Baldock Police Station, having served the public since the 1960s, closed in May last year due to Hertfordshire Police force facing a �36 million budget shortfall over four years.
Since its closure, officers have been based at the station in Letchworth GC. In March this year, the Comet reported there would be a police base for PCSOs at Baldock Community Centre on Simpson Drive.
Plans to build a mix of two, three and four bedroom houses are being considered. The development is to have a traditional Georgian style as is common in the High Street.
- 1 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 2 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 3 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 6 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 7 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 8 Rose: 'Five subs mean it is more a team thing and we've utilised that'
- 9 National award for Hitchin property company
- 10 The Nickelodeon Experience brings kids' TV favourites to Knebworth House for immersive adventures
North Hertfordshire Homes will be submitting a full planning application by autumn 2012 where members of the public will be able to formally comment on the planning application once it has been submitted to North Herts District Council.