Conservatives value role of older people
Concern about pensions is one of the more frequent topics raised with me on the doorstep , said Stephen, and I want to make clear how Conservatives value the role older people play in families and in society, and will not let them suffer because of the
Concern about pensions is one of the more frequent topics raised with me on the doorstep", said Stephen, "and I want to make clear how Conservatives value the role older people play in families and in society, and will not let them suffer because of the economic mistakes of others."
Conservatives have pledged to raise the basic state pension in line with earnings and to protect:
• the winter fuel payment;
• free bus passes;
You may also want to watch:
• free TV licences;
• disability living allowance and attendance allowance; and,
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Halloween trail set for Letchworth this half term
• the pension credit.
Under Labour, the cost of living for pensioners has soared. Conservatives will work with local councils to introduce a two year Council Tax freeze.
Conservatives would also look at ways of creating more personalisation in health and social care, a new 'home protection scheme' so that people are not forced to sell their homes each year to pay for residential care at the end of their lives, and would want to see much greater use of direct payments and individual budgets, to give more real control over their care.