Mid Beds MP Nadine Dorries slammed for sharing ‘far-right’ tweet attacking Labour leader Keir Starmer
- Credit: Archant
Conservative MP for Mid Beds Nadine Dorries has been accused of spreading fake news after sharing a post from a far-right twitter account, appearing to spread lies about Labour leader Keir Starmer.
Ms Dorries shared a doctored video taken from Sir Keir’s time as director of prosecutions in 2013, made to appear that the Labour leader was failing to believe victims of child abuse.
In reality, Sir Keir was responding to a question from a reporter about the “wrong” guidelines being used by authorities – however this had been deliberately edited out of the clip.
Ms Dorries retweeted the video with a one-word comment ‘revealing,’ before promptly deleting the tweet.
@NJamesWorld, the far-right account which posted the video, has since deleted its entire account – along with Conservative MP for Lewes, Maria Caulfield, who also shared the clip.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Dorries has been approached for comment.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?