Conor Spraggs: £12,000 fundraising target smashed, as Brits appear in court
- Credit: Archant
A fundraiser to help bring the body of tragic Stevenage holidaymaker Conor Spraggs home has smashed its £12,000 target – as six Brits today appear in a Spanish court in connection with his death.
Conor Spraggs, 23, died in the Ibizan town of San Antonio at 3.30am local time on Sunday morning – hours before he had been set to fly home – after reportedly being involved in a fight with other holidaymakers near the seafront.
The former Thomas Alleyne student’s friend Bradley Pearce launched an online fundraiser to help bring his body back to the UK and cover the costs of his funeral. More than £13,000 has now been raised, by over 500 supporters.
Conor’s sister Shannon Johnson wrote on the crowdfunding page yesterday: “Completely overwhelmed! We will never get over the pain of losing Conor, but seeing how much he was loved and how much kindness there is in the world is a small comfort. Thank you to everybody for helping us reach our target.”
Six British citizens, aged between 18 and 21, were arrested on Sunday in connection with Conor’s death. Four of them were pictured in national media being taken into court in handcuffs this morning.
You may also want to watch:
On the crowdfunding page, Bradley wrote: ““Conor was a gentle soul with a heart of gold, who is going to be deeply missed by family and friends and anyone who knew him.”
Another posted: “God’s recruited one of the best.”
- 1 Seven things that are gone but not forgotten in Stevenage
- 2 Gardens and dinosaur trail reopening at weekends at Knebworth House
- 3 GP surgery outstrips mass vaccination centre's COVID-19 jab rate
- 4 Rewind: A mysterious corner shop killing that shaped the future of British policing
- 5 Green light for 40-bed homeless shelter in Letchworth
- 6 Patients sing praises of new Letchworth vaccine centre
- 7 Council tax to rise as Stevenage residents bear brunt of COVID-19 costs
- 8 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 9 Line-up set to be announced for Herts music festival's 15th birthday party
- 10 Stalker jailed after six month period that left victim 'powerless'
A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said: “Our staff are providing assistance to the family of a British man who has died in Ibiza and are in touch with the local authorities, who are investigating.”
If you’d like to support the fundraising for Conor’s family, see justgiving.com/crowdfunding/bringconorhome.