Concerns grow for welfare of missing Biggleswade man Wayne Jeffs, as groups from community mount searches
- Credit: Archant
Officers looking for missing Biggleswade man Wayne Jeffs have today appealed again for help tracing him, after groups from the community mounted their own searches last night.
Wayne, 29, was last seen in Biggleswade on Thursday evening, and police are becoming increasingly concerned for his welfare.
Twelve groups of civilian volunteers went out last night and covered most of Biggleswade, finding one new lead which was passed to the police.
Det Sgt Mark Stewart, who is investigating, said today: “There has been no sighting of Wayne since he disappeared on Thursday and despite following a number of lines of enquiry, we have been unable to locate him.
“I’m appealing for anyone who may have seen him to get in touch with us – and I’d also urge Wayne himself to get in touch with us if he sees this, as his family are understandably very worried about him.”
Wayne is described as a slim white man, about 5ft 8in, with brown hair. He was last seen wearing a blue top, blue work trousers and black trainers, with a silver chain around his neck.
He is thought to have a blue hooded top with him from Henlow-based NG Bruce Plastering.
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 8 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
Anyone who knows where Wayne might be should contact Beds police immediately on 101, quoting crime reference MPC/765/17.