Concern growing for missing 83-year-old man from Letchworth with dementia
- Credit: Archant
Police growing increasingly concerned for missing 83-year-old man from Letchworth who has dementia.
William ‘Gordon’ Whitfield – who loves walking – went missing from his home in Western Close at 4pm yesterday, and police are re-appealing for help from the public.
He is described as a white man of medium build, with a bald head and greying hair around the side. He was last seen wearing dark jogging bottoms and a grey short sleeved polo neck sweater with a blue collar.
North Herts Safer Neighbourhood Team insp Duncan Sales said: “Due to William’s health problems we are getting very worried about him.
“William has gone missing before and loves to walk along country lanes and fields and has been known to walk as far as Stotfold and Arlesey.
You may also want to watch:
“We are appealing for help from the public and would ask people in the local area to check their back gardens, sheds and outbuildings and we would also urge dog walkers to keep an eye out for him.”
Anyone who sees William – who is known as Gordon – is asked to contact police via the non-emergency number 101 as soon as possible.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 5 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?