Complaints over Eastern Electrics noise
- Credit: Archant
COMPLAINTS have been made about the noise at Knebworth festival Eastern Electrics.
Residents took to social media site Twitter to complain about the noise going on until 6am.
After the Comet asked people to get in touch with their views, Annaleigh tweeted: “People say its a one off, but it’s not, every time there’s something on over there, we all hear it. Why does it have to be so loud?”
And Katie Huby said: “Festivals should come here. But they should have a curfew. Stopping at 4 and restarting at 8 is not acceptable.”
Some residents, however, were willing to make sacrifices.
You may also want to watch:
Wesley Hughes said: “I live nearby. We all knew what we were signing up for moving to live near one of the UK’s top festival venues? #StopMoaning!”
And Michelle Fullerton tweeted: “Didn’t effect us as too far away but surely it was known in advance either go away or put up for 3 days instead of complaining.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
The Comet understands North Herts District Council was in Norton Green on Saturday night to monitor noise levels.
We are awaiting details on how many noise complaints were received by the authority.