Competition winners attend Letchworth calendar unveiling
AMATEUR photographers were able to see their work in print for the first time when a town calendar was unveiled last week.
Winners of this year’s Picture This competition, in which more than 160 photos of Letchworth GC were submitted, gathered for a presentation evening on Friday as a Letchworth Garden City 2012 calendar went on sale.
All 13 winners of the competition, backed by The Comet, were given their winning snap printed on a framed canvas, along with a copy of the calendar.
The evening was held at the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation funded and run Letchworth Garden City Tourist Information Centre.
Heather McLaughlin, manager of the centre in Station Road, said: “We received a fabulous selection of pictures and were really spoilt for choice when it came to picking the winners. The quality and expertise shown in each one was absolutely fantastic.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone that entered and congratulations to all the winners.”
The calendar is exclusively on sale from tourist information centre - via the shop and www.letchworthgc.com - and is priced at �7.99.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
To see all the winning shots visit www.letchworthgc.com/picture_this