Competition: The best Christmas house in Comet country
THE Comet is today launching a competition for the best Christmas house across Comet country.
As households are lighting up their houses for the festive season, you can vote for the best one in our online competition.
We want you to nominate your house, or a friend or neighbour you feel deserves the title of the Comet’s Best Christmas House.
We’ll feature some of the houses in the paper and the best will be shortlisted for an online vote.
James Creighton, from Stevenage, started lighting up his house with Christmas decorations in early November.
The 24-year-old said: “I have spent thousands of pounds in decorating my house. I have LED lights, Christmas trees, a 10ft snowman, and I light the house up every day for people to come by and have a look at for a donation.”
Mr Creighton will be donating the money to Great Ormond Street Hospital. He said he was inspired to light up the house as his parents always made the effort to decorate the house when he was a child.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 7 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
- 10 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
“As an adult I have gone a little crazy, I think it brings a smile to people’s faces and gets them in the Christmas spirit.”
To get involved send your photos or house details to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the news desk on 01438 866212.