Community ready to celebrate Baldock Day
A TOWN will come together tomorrow (Saturday) to celebrate community life with a line-up of music, cars and family-fun.
This year’s Baldock Day will give visitors to the High Street a chance to try water zorbing, view a collection of classic cars and enjoy music acts including the Baldock Community Big Band and Mr Speaker and the Right Honorable Gentleman.
There’s also a whole host of children’s entertainment in Whitehorse Street, with a Punch and Judy show, bouncy castle, fair rides and free face painting.
Away from the hustle a bustle, Gallery 1066 will be opening up its doors in Hitchin Street to show off a new summer art collection and St Mary’s Church will be holding trips up the tower throughout the day,
“There’s a good variety of things to do,” said Murray Fastier, Baldock town centre manager.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got water zorbing for the first time so people can pay a bit of money and have a go on the High Street. There’s excellent live music from the band, a farmers’ market, classic cars and lots of things for the youngsters to enjoy.
“Hopefully it’s going to be rainy on Friday and sunshine on Saturday to keep up my record. I’ve had sun for every event I’ve done.”
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed