Community officers honoured
TWO police community support officers from Comet country have been presented with Royal Humane Society Awards. Mark Crane from Stevenage and Rory Arnott from Hitchin were honoured for their acts of courage involving personal risk. They were on foot patrol
TWO police community support officers from Comet country have been presented with Royal Humane Society Awards.
Mark Crane from Stevenage and Rory Arnott from Hitchin were honoured for their acts of courage involving personal risk.
They were on foot patrol in Welwyn Garden City town centre last June when they saw a man sitting on the roof of the Howard Centre car park.
As Mark carefully approached, the man began to climb over the edge.
You may also want to watch:
But he and Rory along with security guard Adrian Rutland managed to pull the man back onto the roof and restrain him.
The three of them received their awards at Plinston Hall in Letchworth GC last Thursday.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
Police long service and good conduct awards for 22 years service went to Pc Denise Rayner who is with the Stevenage community team and Supt Adrian Walter who is based in Stevenage.
The police staff long service award for 20 years service went to Danielle Cox who lives in Stevenage and is based in Welwyn Garden City.
The presentation evening was hosted by Herts chief constable Frank Whiteley who said of those receiving awards: "They have all gone the extra mile for others and I am deeply grateful to them.