Community causes supported at Hitchin fun day
- Credit: Archant
There was fun for all ages at a community charity day in Hitchin which was held at the weekend.
The fun day on Saturday at St John’s Community Centre, off St John’s Road, was in aid of Letchworth-based Garden House Hospice Care, family support charity Little Miracles, the St John’s Community Association and FC St John’s.
The popular annual event this year featured a ‘Community vs FC St John’s’ football match, a variety of stalls, a raffle, a bouncy castle, face-painting, a barbecue, disco and more.
The co-organisers were Carly Hewett, Ellie Duguid, Sam Hewett, Liz Taylor, Paige Hewett, Sheryl Duguid, Tracey Hewett, Jodie Hewett and Kirsty Duguid.
Liz, who manages St John’s Community Centre, said: “The event on Saturday was well-attended despite the weather, raising over £1,200 for Garden House Hospice Care and support charities Little Miracles, the St John’s Community Association and FC St John’s.
You may also want to watch:
“he football match was enjoyed by everyone, with St John’s FC winning the game.
“This was the fourth year of doing it and we look forward to running a similar event next year.”
To find out more about future fundraising events, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on the other two charities see ghhospicecare.org.uk and littlemiraclescharity.org.uk.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal