Stevenage Comet office evacuated following bomb scare
- Credit: Archant
The entire staff has been evacuated from the Comet newsroom in Stevenage this afternoon after reports of a suspicious package left next door.
The package, in the Lloyds office at Bank House in Primett Road, was found at about 3pm and the Comet team was evacuated along with other staff working at Bank House in Primett Road.
The Comet understands a member of staff at Lloyds – which occupies offices adjacent to the Comet – accepted the parcel from a delivery driver.
It was personally addressed to a member of staff and looked as if it had come from abroad – possibly eastern Europe.
Multiple police vehicles are currently the scene, with special branch officers summoned.
You may also want to watch:
Comet editor Nick Gill said: “We’re used to reporting on the news rather than being the subject of it, but the main thing is everyone is safely out of the building.
“Hopefully it is nothing more than a false alarm but, as they say, it’s better to be safe than sorry.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 8 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 9 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 10 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child