Comet heatwave: Stay away from open water’
AS THE heatwave continued Bedfordshire police warned children not to cool off by swimming in open water especially the notorious Blue Lagoon in Arlesey. The caution came as schools started to break up for the summer holidays and temperatures soared to a s
AS THE heatwave continued Bedfordshire police warned children not to cool off by swimming in open water especially the notorious Blue Lagoon in Arlesey.
The caution came as schools started to break up for the summer holidays and temperatures soared to a scorching 35C.
Police are also urging parents to warn their children and ask them not to swim in rivers or lakes.
"We are appealing to everyone to stay away from open stretches of water like the Blue Lagoon," said a police spokesman.
You may also want to watch:
"The Blue Lagoon is on private property so people are trespassing. Officers will make regular patrols in the area to try and prevent people using the lagoon for either swimming or riding trials bikes.
"While the lagoon water might look beautiful and inviting, deep water can be extremely cold and leave people in shock.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 8 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
"Tragedy has happened many times at the lagoon in the past and we are appealing to children and adults to keep out."
The spokesman added: "Parents should always ask their children where they are going and prevent them from going to any stretches of open water. We don't want another tragedy during the school holidays at the lagoon like we had last year.