Comet country prepares for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
SHINE up those noses and get ready as it’s red nose day today (Friday).
Among those raising money for Comic Relief is Stevenage resident, 24-year-old Matt Lee-Steer, who will be performing his first ever stand-up routine as part of the BBC’s Stand Up If You Dare.
Around 120 people applied from the eastern region for the show, with 18 of those performing in front of an audience of 300 at the Colchester Arts Centre next Thursday.
Matt, who is an actor and back stage technician at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, said: “It’s a bit different to being an actor and a bit more scary.
“I have wanted to get into comedy and a friend sent me the link so I applied. When I was picked there was no going back.”
Volkswagen Beetle Herbie will be wearing a red nose at Sainsbury’s Corey’s Mill, Stevenage, today.
There will be a chance to win one of three prizes of Sainsbury’s gift vouchers by guessing the number of balloons in the car with sweets and flags to colour for children.
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 'Grave concerns' over survival of hospitality businesses amid rising costs
- 7 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
- 8 National award for Hitchin property company
- 9 Letchworth man found with 'cannabis and bread knife' in Hitchin
- 10 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
And Dan Rogerson, a modern street magician, is planning to raise money for the charity by performing magic to the public around Hitchin this Saturday.
He will be wandering around the town and popping into restaurants and bars.
If you have a Comic Relief event let us know and send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
To sponsor Matt, visit my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/mattleesteer