Comet country prepares for Comic Relief
- Credit: Archant
SHINE up those noses and get ready as it’s red nose day today (Friday).
Among those raising money for Comic Relief is Stevenage resident, 24-year-old Matt Lee-Steer, who will be performing his first ever stand-up routine as part of the BBC’s Stand Up If You Dare.
Around 120 people applied from the eastern region for the show, with 18 of those performing in front of an audience of 300 at the Colchester Arts Centre next Thursday.
Matt, who is an actor and back stage technician at the Gordon Craig Theatre, Stevenage, said: “It’s a bit different to being an actor and a bit more scary.
“I have wanted to get into comedy and a friend sent me the link so I applied. When I was picked there was no going back.”
You may also want to watch:
Volkswagen Beetle Herbie will be wearing a red nose at Sainsbury’s Corey’s Mill, Stevenage, today.
There will be a chance to win one of three prizes of Sainsbury’s gift vouchers by guessing the number of balloons in the car with sweets and flags to colour for children.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
And Dan Rogerson, a modern street magician, is planning to raise money for the charity by performing magic to the public around Hitchin this Saturday.
He will be wandering around the town and popping into restaurants and bars.
If you have a Comic Relief event let us know and send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
To sponsor Matt, visit my.rednoseday.com/sponsor/mattleesteer