Comet country houses shine for Christmas
CHRISTMAS has definitely come to Comet country if these houses are anything to go by, with residents lighting up their neighbourhoods to create a bit of festive cheer.
Dave Roffey displays lights and inflatables outside his house in Wisden Road, Stevenage, and has become popular with children around his area.
During Christmas, cars can be seen driving down the road to look at the house, and Dave’s grandchildren, 11-year-old Joanne and three-year-old Iain, love the decorations.
Nearby at The Pastures, also in Stevenage, Sarah Wood’s house is a shining example of how to get into the festive spirit.
She decorates both inside and outside for Christmas every year, and also puts fake snow outside.
Those living in Holly Leys in Stevenage should be beaming with pride as their street has five houses all lit up, described by one neighbour as “better than anything she has seen.”
A house on Fairview Road, also in Stevenage, deserves a mention for the colourful lights displayed outside.
- 1 Man threatened woman with samurai sword before sex attack in Letchworth
- 2 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee: How are our areas celebrating?
- 3 A505 driver left with serious injuries after car leaves road near Hitchin
- 4 Rejoice! American landlady saves Charlton's historic Windmill pub
- 5 Steve Evans begins Stevenage revolution with three new signings
- 6 Hitchin to host Platinum Jubilee Carnival to honour Queen
- 7 'Jobs will be lost' if Stevenage TK Maxx fails to relocate
- 8 Police called to concern for welfare after 'youths' seen on Stevenage roof
- 9 Thousands set to bring out the bunting for Jubilee thanks to grant funding
- 10 Michelin-star chef to kick off Sea Change campaign with tasty seafood samples
One resident in Milestone Road in Hitchin has been putting up his lights for years, and another in London Road in Baldock has been keeping the Christmas spirit alive for more than nine years with decorations.
To view our lights gallery, click on the link on the top right hand of the page. Do you know of a house that has been getting into the Christmas spirit? Send us your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01438 866200.