Comet country councils ignore salary request
THE Government has ordered councils to reveal the number and job title of all officers earning over �50,000 but Comet country authorities are either unaware, have not done it yet, or not complying fully. At North Herts District Council the number of offi
THE Government has ordered councils to reveal the number and job title of all officers earning over �50,000 but Comet country authorities are either unaware, have not done it yet, or not complying fully.
At North Herts District Council the number of officers earning over �50,000 has been revealed, but not their job titles.
The 18 highest paid officers collectively earned between �920,000 and �1,100,000 a year in the last financial year.
The annual accounts for 2008 to 2009 revealed that 10 officers earned between �50,000 and �60,000, three between �60,000 and �70,000, two between �70,000 and �80,000, two between �80,000 and �90,000 while one earned between �100,000 and �110,000. These figures exclude pension contributions.
You may also want to watch:
Two more officers entered the �50,000 plus bracket compared to the previous financial year which saw between �970,000 and �1,120,000 paid out to 16 officers.
At Central Beds Council a spokesman said it was aware of the request but would not publish any details until June.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine
He said: "We fully intend to comply with regulations. With a management restructure underway we do not know how many posts may or may not fit this criteria at this time so it is premature to publish these.
"At present the only officer with a salary over �150,000 is the chief executive and he has made his salary public."
But Stevenage Borough Council is unaware of the request.
A spokesman for the authority told The Comet: "We have not had any Government requests on this. If you want to make a Freedom of Information request, please let me know exactly what information you are looking for and I'll ask our FOI team to get you a response.