Comet Community Awards 2018: Last chance to nominate your hero
- Credit: Archant
Get your nominations in right now – that’s the message from judges and supporters alike ahead of the Comet Community Awards deadline on Friday.
Over the past three months we have had a steady stream of entries across our 12 different categories, but if you are yet to put forward a community hero then you only have until 5pm tomorrow to do so.
Comet editor Nick Gill said: “If you know someone who deserves to be recognised then please put them forward. Our annual awards are all about shining a light on the unsung heroes in our midst, as a way of saying thank you for their efforts.
“The awards ceremony is always a brilliant night, and this is your chance to tell us why someone special to you should be there.”
Categories include Good Neighbour, Carer of the Year, Great and Green, and Valiant Volunteer.
You may also want to watch:
Ahead of the awards night at Hotel Cromwell in Stevenage Old Town on May 18, two more sponsors have come on board – ReAssure for Great and Green, and Pinehill Hospital for Carer of the Year.
Chris Burrows – general manager at Pinehill Hospital, billed as one of the leading private hospitals in Hertfordshire with an excellent reputation for delivering high quality private hospital treatment in a peaceful environment – said: “Pinehill Hospital is delighted to support the Comet Community Awards. Pinehill is a major employer in Hitchin, a key provider of healthcare to local people and a keen supporter of the local community.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 6 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 7 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
“Pinehill Hospital is a caring organisation, and we are aware that many individuals in our community devote their time to caring for others. It is wonderful that the Comet has provided an opportunity to recognise the valuable support given by carers, and we encourage you to nominate anyone you feel worthy of this award.”
To view all 12 categories and enter someone before Friday’s 5pm deadline visit cometcommunityawards.co.uk.