Comet Community Awards 2018: Have you put forward your hero yet?
- Credit: Archant
Comet readers have just over a week to get their nominations in for this year’s Comet Community Awards.
The deadline for entries is fast approaching, so if you know an unsung hero who deserves to be recognised then now is the time to act.
We have had dozens of nominations across our 12 categories, but it is not too late to submit yours.
Perhaps you know a Good Neighbour who is always helping you or a family member out, or someone deserving of our Carer of the Year title?
Or maybe you wish to champion a member of the community for being Great and Green, or a Valiant Volunteer who always goes the extra mile?
You may also want to watch:
Whatever your reason, we need your nominations now before a panel of judges – made up of representatives from our sponsors – sit down to go through them and draw up a list of finalists.
Those finalists will be announced in the coming weeks, ahead of the awards ceremony itself on Friday, May 18.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
This year’s event will return to Hotel Cromwell in Stevenage Old Town – which underwent a major refurbishment in 2017, including a full redecoration of all 77 bedrooms, a British brasserie and bar replacing the business centre, and landscaping of the gardens.
The Cromwell Suite – where the Comet Community Awards will be held – has also had a makeover with a tasteful overhaul that gives a nod to the architectural heritage of the building while providing all the modern comforts that you would expect from a top notch wedding and events venue.
To enter someone for this year’s awards before the deadline next Friday, April 13, visit cometcommunityawards.co.uk – where you can also find the full list of categories. There is no limit to how many categories you can enter someone for, so just pick the ones you feel are most relevant.