Comet Community Awards 2017: Finalists revealed ahead of special ceremony in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
The finalists for this year’s Comet Community Awards have been announced, with now just over a week until a special ceremony is held.
Judges from some of our sponsors met at our Stevenage offices last week, individually scoring dozens of entries.
The scores have now been totted up, with those who have made the shortlist across 12 categories invited to the awards ceremony which is taking place on Friday, May 19, at Letchworth’s Icknield Centre.
Comet editor Nick Gill said: “The awards is a great opportunity to take a moment to celebrate the many people doing fantastic things in our community, and each and every year it provides a truly inspiring evening. Congratulations to all our finalists, and a big thank you to our sponsors for giving up their time to judge all the entries – it’s quite a task!”
Role Model of the Year
- 1 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 2 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 3 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 4 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 5 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 6 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 7 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 8 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 9 Stevenage PE teacher's charity run after leg amputation
- 10 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
Camps Hill Cheerleaders
Camps Hill Community Primary School
The Counselling Foundation Stevenage Centre
Nurse/Care Worker of
Good Neighbour Award
Camilla Hamilton and volunteers of the Lister Neonatal Unit Families Group
Service to the Community Award
Great and Green Award
Broom Barns Primary School gardening club/eco council
Hayley Sarll – Camps Hill Community Primary School
Peartree Spring Primary School
Big Hitchin Spring Clean Woolenwick Infant and Nursery School
Teacher of the Year
Parent in a Million
Carer of the Year
Garden House Hospice Care team
Alda and David Spooner