Comet Community Awards 2013: Nominate your unsung hero
- Credit: Archant
THE annual Comet Community Awards officially launched this week, and we’re calling on you to nominate your unsung heroes.
The awards aim to recognise people in the area who have overcome adversity or have acted selflessly to help others.
There are 12 categories to choose from, including good neighbour, carer of the year, teacher of the year, parent in a million and service to community.
Last year’s finalists included a woman who overcame anorexia and her father’s death to secure A-levels, a young girl who underwent surgery to walk and a woman who turned her life around after becoming homeless twice.
Finalists for the 2013 awards will be invited to a ceremony at Icknield Centre, Letchworth GC, on Friday, May 17, where winners in each category will be crowned.
You may also want to watch:
If there’s someone you think deserves to be recognised, visit www.cometcommunityawards.co.uk and fill in the form.
The closing date is Friday, April 26 at 5pm.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess