‘Come on this journey with me’ says Miss Teen Hertfordshire from Hitchin
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin teenager is looking for support from town businesses to help her realise her dream of appearing in a nationwide beauty pageant and raise money for charity.
Current Miss Teen Hertfordshire Molly-Mae Hague needs to raise £300 through sponsorship so that she is able to compete in Miss Teen Great Britain.
The championship, to be held later in the year in Blackpool will also see her attempt to raise £2,000 for the competition’s chosen charity Together for Short Lives which raises funds for children with life-threatening conditions.
The event offers teenagers from all across Great Britain the chance to compete for the crown, and £1,000 in cash, as well as a providing a portfolio for budding stars.
Former Priory School pupil Molly-Mae, 16, said: “I’m looking to give a Hitchin company the opportunity to come on this journey with me and advertise their products or business in return for help with the cost of taking part in this competition – which will in turn help me raise £2,000 for the competition’s chosen charity.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve lived in Hitchin all my life and I love the town. I’ve been an active member of many clubs and groups to do with Hitchin life.
“During my time at the Priory I took part in many music concerts and also performed with an Irish dancing team.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
“I’m studying at London Fashion Academy on a two year course as I’ve designs on being a buyer, a personal shopper, or managing my own fashion store in time.”
The budding beauty queen also has a sporty side as she works part-time as a lifeguard at Hitchin Swimming Centre in Fishponds Road.
She said: “I take my responsibilities seriously but we have a great team there and we do have fun as well.”
Centre manager Dan Clarke added: “All of us are rooting for Molly-Mae and wish her well.”
If you’d like to support Molly-Mae then email email@example.com and we will pass your details on.