Come fly with me
A FORMER Red Arrow pilot from Hitchin who performs at air shows across the country is giving the opportunity for an aviation enthusiast to join him on an aerobatic flight.
Dave Slow, who was born in Hitchin, now flies for display team The Blades, a job which takes him up and down the country.
As part of a special competition by the RAF, he will take out a fan on a special flight. The winner will also have the chance to fly a helicopter and watch a private air display by the team.
The opportunity is part of a campaign which sends phone cards to troops serving abroad so that they have more time to speak to their loved ones back home.
“The Wings Appeal helps so many RAF families and we are delighted to support such a fantastic fundraising campaign,” said Dave.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is looking forward to the 2011 display season, so keep an eye in the sky.”
For a chance to win, text the word WINGS to 70007. Texts cost �2 per text, plus a standard network message charge, with at least �1.54 from each donation going to the RAF Association depending on the network operator.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years