Come and get your free compost at green Stevenage event
- Credit: Colin Finch
Collect free compost and flex your green fingers at an event being hosted by Stevenage Borough Council next week.
You can plant sunflowers, make ‘rot pots’ and collect supplies at the Compost Day event on Saturday, May 9.
The event, from 10am to 1pm at Hampson Park, is billed as a chance for families to learn more about home composting and planting seeds for their garden. Free compostable liners will be on offer, as well as the chance to take away free compost made from the borough’s brown bins waste.
The council’s strategic director Peter Bandy said: “Bring the family down, plant your own sunflowers, or just stock up on compost for your garden.
“We’ll have everything you need to help your garden flourish this summer.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to take away compost will need to bring their own shovels and bags as the compost is available loose.
For further information visit www.stevenage.gov.uk or call 01438 242323.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go