College students to take over the Comet
- Credit: Archant
THE Comet is handing over the reins to a team of college students this spring.
Alongside other Archant Herts and Cambs papers, Welwyn and Hatfield Times and Royston Crow, the Comet will be taken over by North Hertfordshire College.
Students will be proving their skills as they get involved in every aspect of the job, including writing articles, photography, designing advertisements, building webpages and running social media.
And at the end it all, two will be chosen for a three month paid internship at the company.
To gain a place at the takeover, students at NHC are being tasked with designing the college’s summer promotion campaign which will feature in the Archant Herts and Cambs newspapers and websites over the summer, managed by the two successful interns.
You may also want to watch:
Watch this space for more information about the teams of students taking part and to give your opinion on their ideas for promoting the college this summer. College students who aren’t already involved can find out more and enter the competition at www.nhc.ac.uk/takeover
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision