College prepared for takeover
- Credit: Daniel Wilson
STUDENTS studying media and iMedia courses have been putting their creative flair to good use by preparing their own marketing campaigns to promote their college.
North Hertfordshire College (NHC) is teaming up with the Comet to give its students the chance to take over the paper and website for one week in May.
Teams made up of media and iMedia students, as well as those studying IT, have been working on campaigns and will battle it out with each other to be selected.
The winning campaign will be launched in the Comet.
Sarah Larkin, marketing executive at NHC, said: “I have had a sneak peek at some of the students’ campaign ideas and they have come up with some really exciting stuff.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m looking forward to the pitch day on April 17 to see the ideas come to life.”
Team Instinct, made up of iMedia students Ryan Darnell, Ross Collins, Melissa Agard, George Harrison Webb, Rory Simpson and Emma Moss-Davies, have been working on a campaign based upon utilising the power of social media.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
They hope their idea will encourage current students to share what life is like at college and promote the courses to other young people.
Team Create, featuring media students Callum Ellis, Amber Spiers, James Clark, Emily Burgess and Louisa Graves, are basing their campaign on promoting the reasons why studying at college is better than staying on at school.
You can find out more and keep up-to-date with the teams’ progress at www.nhc.ac.uk/takeover