Cole signs on until 2011
Mitchell Cole has signed a new two-year contract that will keep him at The Lamex Stadium until 2011. The 23-year-old has been in discussions over a new contract for the past few weeks and a deal was concluded on Monday afternoon. Chairman Phil Wallace a
Mitchell Cole has signed a new two-year contract that will keep him at The Lamex Stadium until 2011.
The 23-year-old has been in discussions over a new contract for the past few weeks and a deal was concluded on Monday afternoon.
Chairman Phil Wallace admitted he is delighted to have secured the future of Cole and hopes the former Grays man reaches his full potential under the stewardship of manager Graham Westley.
"Mitch is one of those players that can get you on the edge of your seat when he's on his game," said Wallace. "His pace is electric, his technique outstanding. As a fan I love watching him on the ball and think he's worked really hard this year.
"He's a big asset for us, a serious threat to the opposition and I'd love to see him reach his full potential. Graham worked hard on both sides to make a deal possible and we've concluded it today (Monday)."
Cole was signed from Southend United for a five-figure fee and has made 78 appearances for Stevenage.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 2 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 3 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 4 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 7 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 8 Anti-spiking campaign launched at Old Town pub
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Tens of thousands donated to charity by Hitchin-based construction company