Cole signs on until 2011
Mitchell Cole has signed a new two-year contract that will keep him at The Lamex Stadium until 2011. The 23-year-old has been in discussions over a new contract for the past few weeks and a deal was concluded on Monday afternoon. Chairman Phil Wallace a
Mitchell Cole has signed a new two-year contract that will keep him at The Lamex Stadium until 2011.
The 23-year-old has been in discussions over a new contract for the past few weeks and a deal was concluded on Monday afternoon.
Chairman Phil Wallace admitted he is delighted to have secured the future of Cole and hopes the former Grays man reaches his full potential under the stewardship of manager Graham Westley.
"Mitch is one of those players that can get you on the edge of your seat when he's on his game," said Wallace. "His pace is electric, his technique outstanding. As a fan I love watching him on the ball and think he's worked really hard this year.
You may also want to watch:
"He's a big asset for us, a serious threat to the opposition and I'd love to see him reach his full potential. Graham worked hard on both sides to make a deal possible and we've concluded it today (Monday)."
Cole was signed from Southend United for a five-figure fee and has made 78 appearances for Stevenage.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie