Cole fires warning to play-off rivals
We re coming to get you - that s the message from Mitchell Cole to Boro s play-off rivals after the 23-year-old s goal was enough to secure three vital points against Ebbsfleet United. Kidderminster, Torquay and Histon all slipped up on Saturday giving
'We're coming to get you' - that's the message from Mitchell Cole to Boro's play-off rivals after the 23-year-old's goal was enough to secure three vital points against Ebbsfleet United.
Kidderminster, Torquay and Histon all slipped up on Saturday giving Boro hope that they can claw their way back into the top five and Cole believes Boro are hitting form again just at the right time.
"We're right up there and we're pulling everyone in now," Cole told The Comet. "We're confident as we've got to play the other teams around us and if we can win those six-pointers we'll be fine. They will make or break our season."
Boro sit just outside the play-offs on goal difference from Histon with Kidderminster just a point ahead now having played the same amount of games as Stevenage.
Boro head to Crawley on Monday in good spirits after Cole's fine solo goal was enough to beat the Blue Square Premier strugglers.
"I picked up the loose ball and cut inside and had a little one-two with Calum (Willock).
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 9 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
"I cut back across the defender because if he brings me down it's a penalty and I'm on penalties anyway. It was win-win for me!"
Cole has been in fantastic form recently and he certainly gave Fleet right back Jamie Stevens a torrid afternoon. The former West Ham trainee is just glad to be playing after a "nightmare" campaign last season.
"I think I've had a pretty good season," he added. "I had a nightmare time last year when I was injured all the time but it's been good recently.
"Hopefully, we can kick on now and make it a really memorable season.