Cold case murder - Stevenage man hands himself in
A 36-year-old Dutchman living in Stevenage has handed himself in to Stevenage Police in connection with the murder of his step-sister in Holland 16 years ago.
Andy Van Den Hurk, of Hepworth Court, Chells Way, was arrested at the station on March 8 on suspicion of the murder of 15-year-old Nicole Van Den Hurk, on October 6, 1995.
Before his arrest a post on Van Den Hurk’s Facebook page said: “I will be arrested today at the murder of my sister, I confessed will get in contact soon.”
After a national and international hunt by Dutch police, Nicole’s body was found in woodland 20k from Eindhoven six weeks after she disappeared.
Until now the case had gone cold.
You may also want to watch:
Van Den Hurk, who is in police custody, is appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court this afternoon on extradition proceedings brought by Dutch police.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'