Cody's packed for walkies
CODY will have a small backpack strapped to him next month and with his owner set out on an arduous 95 mile walk across the West Highlands Way in Scotland to raise funds for an animal charity. The collie was a stray in Ireland and taken to the Heathlands
CODY will have a small backpack strapped to him next month and with his owner set out on an arduous 95 mile walk across the West Highlands Way in Scotland to raise funds for an animal charity.
The collie was a stray in Ireland and taken to the Heathlands Animal Sanctuary in Royston six months ago.
After being looked after by a family in Baldock, the dog was spotted on the centre's website and caught the attention of veterinary surgeon Mhairi Fleming.
Now a much loved companion for her and her partner Harry Huyton, 29, at their home in Highbury Road, Hitchin, Miss Fleming is sure Cody will complete the great walk from Glasgow to Fort William that will also take in the banks of Loch Lomond.
You may also want to watch:
"It was love at first sight," said Miss Fleming, 28, a vet at Letchworth Veterinary Centre in Norton Way North.
"Cody is now a year old and will carry his own food and water during the seven-day march in a special rucksack on his back. Cody, Harry and I will be sleeping in tents and by the end of the walk we will hopefully have raised a lot of money for The Blue Cross animal charity.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
"We have been doing regular walks so Cody is fit and ready for the greatest walk of his life."
If you want to sponsor Cody, contact the surgery on 01462 685882.