Codicote Village Day in pictures
- Credit: Archant
A few rain showers didn’t dampen the spirits of families enjoying Codicote Village Day.
Thousands turned out for Saturday’s event, which had an under the sea theme.
The team from The Goat Inn won the float competition with their submarine inspired creation.
Codicote Primary School won the best walking float and Dawes Wheathampstead were named best visiting float.
The hotly contest bake off competition was a cake lover’s paradise.
You may also want to watch:
In the showstopper category, first place went to Gemma Grey, second place to Lorraine Grimshaw and third to Morgan Llewelyn.
Emily Hatch scooped first place in the large cake category, followed by Rose Smith in second place and Valerie Warwick in third,
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
In the cupcake class, Valerie was victorious. Second place went to Heny Tobin and third to Helen Allum.
Village day committee member Sarah Tobin said; “We’re always amazed at how many people join in with the day in one way or another.
“It’s an event that people really get into the spirit of.”