Club’s tasty grant
AN after-school club will be cooking up some good times thanks to a £3,000 grant. The Cool After School Club, held at St Vincent de Paul Primary School in Stevenage, has been given the money from the Local Network Fund. The club is a healthy-eating café w
AN after-school club will be cooking up some good times thanks to a £3,000 grant.
The Cool After School Club, held at St Vincent de Paul Primary School in Stevenage, has been given the money from the Local Network Fund.
The club is a healthy-eating café which runs two afternoons a week for children from various schools.
Participants are taught by a trained chef to cook a variety of nutritious foods and the money has funded a cooker, as well as weekly ingredients and a range of culinary equipment.
You may also want to watch:
Cool After School also intends to use the cash for food-themed parties such as Diwali or Halloween celebrations, food tasting games, and making recipe cards.
Noreen Kear, acting manager of the group, said: "Children, staff and parents of Cool After School will benefit greatly from the grant and we look forward to lots of healthy cooking and eating."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
The Local Network Fund, set up by the Department for Education and Skills, aims to enable local voluntary groups to develop projects and activities for young people with limited opportunities or access to services.
More than £800,000 is available for Hertfordshire groups in this financial year.
For more information, ring 0845 113 0161 or 01707 269287.