Cling film caper prompts warning
POLICE want to wrap up a case involving a prank that could have had serious consequences.
Cling film was wrapped around two lampposts, causing an obstruction to road users. The alarm was raised at 1.20am on Wednesday when police received a call from a member of the public.
When officers arrived in Bedwell Crescent at the junction with Fairlands Way they found cling film had been wrapped several times round the lampposts which were on either side of the road.
Det Insp Gary Atkinson said: “It’s likely that this was just a prank to whoever was responsible but they should realise that this obstruction could have had extremely serious consequences, for example if a cyclist or motor cyclist had come across it.
“The offenders could have been responsible for a serious injury or potentially even worse. It would have taken some time to wrap the cling film around the lampposts and I would be keen to speak with anyone who saw it happening or who can identify those responsible.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police via the non-emergency number, 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home