Clifton girl, 10, donates her locks to Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Archant
A 10-year-old girl from Clifton has had 13 inches of hair cut and has raised £670 for the Little Princess Trust.
Tilly-Marie Pigram, had been growing her hair for 10 years before having it cut by hairdressers at Headlines in Shefford.
Dad Brian said: “We are proud of her confidence and selflessness. She is quite modest of her achievement and content with the idea that a little girl somewhere will have joy of receiving their wig with might contain her hair.”
The Henlow Church of England Academy pupil also held a stall at her school’s Christmas fair on December 2, where she sold baubles to raise extra money for the charity that provides wigs to children with cancer.
Tilly-Marie said on her JustGiving page: “I hope my hair will make another little girl smile as she brushes it.
You may also want to watch:
“It will make me happy thinking I have brightened someone else’s day. Maybe my hair will make them forget their illness for a few moments.”
To donate, go to justgiving.com/fundraising/brian-pigram1.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket