Classic car show comes to Knebworth
THERE will be some very careful drivers making their way to Knebworth Park on Bank Holiday Sunday and Monday, August 30 and 31. They are going there to show off their pride and joy motors at the 19th Knebworth Classic Motor Show. Some 2,000 classic cars,
THERE will be some very careful drivers making their way to Knebworth Park on Bank Holiday Sunday and Monday, August 30 and 31.
They are going there to show off their pride and joy motors at the 19th Knebworth Classic Motor Show.
Some 2,000 classic cars, from Fords to Ferraris, will turn out for one of the major events in the heritage motoring calendar.
The enthusiasts' fleet covers an array of model motors representing the golden era from the 1920s to the early 1980s and include rare long-forgotten makes as well as the everyday cars well remembered but now rarely seen.
You may also want to watch:
One of the stars of this year's show will be the Armstrong Siddeley Whitley Landaulette. Only two of these were made in 1951 - one for the governor of Aden and one for the Sultan of Zanzibar.
The Aden car was used by the Queen on her tour of the Commonwealth in 1953 after her coronation. The Sultan of Zanzibar's car probably no longer exists.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
Another highlight of the gathering will be the concours event, with judging taking place on the Monday of the meeting.
With a large autojumble and trade stands to browse, car enthusiasts should have a fascinating and enjoyable day.