Class A drugs seized as two Letchworth flats raided by police
- Credit: Archant
Two flats were raided in Letchworth this morning with police officers seizing class A drugs.
Officers entered two flats in Ivel Court at approximately 8am, with class A drugs found in one property.
The raid was carried out by Letchworth and Baldock’s Safer Neighbourhood Team, North Herts Operation Scorpion Team and the Operational Support Group.
No arrests have been made in connection with the operation but investigations are on-going.
Sgt Alan Clarke, who leads Letchworth and Baldock Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “We executed these raids today following police investigations and information that has come from the public.
“Together we can work to keep Letchworth safe and I would urge the local community to always contact us if they suspect drugs use in their local areas.
“The supply and use of drugs can have devastating consequences. We will not tolerate it in Letchworth and will do all that we can to drive it out. Local people can be rest assured that any information given to us will be treated with the utmost confidence.
- 1 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 2 Teenagers demand drugs and punch paramedic during attempted robbery
- 3 Football coach jailed again for indecent assault of boys
- 4 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 5 Joy for residents as appeal for four-storey apartment block dismissed
- 6 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan
- 7 'Keep us safe' - schoolchildren's plea for crossing at Norton demonstration
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 10 Golfers raise £11k to help sick children and dying patients
“Crime or suspicious activity can be reported to us via the police non-emergency number 101 or dial 999 if you witness an offence in progress. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
While police were carrying out the operation at Ivel Court, they spotted a 40-year-old man from Letchworth who was wanted for failing to appear at court. He currently remains in police custody after being arrested, but this was not related to the raids.