Cineworld Stevenage to have 4DX auditorium, starting with Captain America: Civil War
- Credit: Archant
Cineworld Stevenage is set to become only the fourth cinema in the UK to offer 4DX, a format in which films are augmented by moving seats and effects such as wind, rain and lightening.
The cinema marks its 20th anniversary in June. The 152-seater 4DX auditorium will open on April 28 with Captain America: Civil War, with tickets on sale now.
4DX comes from South Korean firm CJ 4DPlex and has been adopted for more than 300 films. It was first brought to the UK last year at Cineworld’s Milton Keynes site.
The Stevenage 4DX auditorium will be available for both 2D and 3D movies.
Georgina Jones, Cineworld Stevenage’s general manager, said: “We can’t wait to see the reactions when people try this new experience in April.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information see cineworld.com/Stevenage.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright