Cineworld Stevenage to have 4DX auditorium, starting with Captain America: Civil War
- Credit: Archant
Cineworld Stevenage is set to become only the fourth cinema in the UK to offer 4DX, a format in which films are augmented by moving seats and effects such as wind, rain and lightening.
The cinema marks its 20th anniversary in June. The 152-seater 4DX auditorium will open on April 28 with Captain America: Civil War, with tickets on sale now.
4DX comes from South Korean firm CJ 4DPlex and has been adopted for more than 300 films. It was first brought to the UK last year at Cineworld’s Milton Keynes site.
The Stevenage 4DX auditorium will be available for both 2D and 3D movies.
Georgina Jones, Cineworld Stevenage’s general manager, said: “We can’t wait to see the reactions when people try this new experience in April.”
For more information see cineworld.com/Stevenage.
- 1 Stevenage Iceland to permanently close today
- 2 Emergency services attend crash near busy Stevenage roundabout
- 3 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 4 Man charged with GBH after stabbing in Hitchin
- 5 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 6 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 7 Looking to local talent - Airbus star rises from apprentice to manager
- 8 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 9 Latest on Stevenage Marks & Spencer store opening
- 10 Airbus: Stevenage's out of this world impact on space missions over seven decades