Churchgate developments to be discussed at meeting
A MEETING giving residents the chance to discuss the Hitchin Churchgate developments will be held next week, with a representative from contractors Simons present to answer questions.
The Churchgate Liaison Forum will be focusing on topics including the views on St Mary’s Church, car parking and retail space in a pre-discussion session before the full meeting takes place.
The forum comprises of representatives from local resident associations, businesses including Hitchin market, North Herts District councillors and representatives from Simons.
“As we have shown throughout the consultation process, both the council and the developers are committed to working with the community on the future of the Churchgate area,” said leader of the council Cllr Lynda Needham.
“With time set aside prior to the meetings, members of the public can continue to have a say and we hope as many people as possible will attend.” At the last meeting, residents aired their opposition to many of the proposals by Simons, and said they were afraid that Hitchin would turn into a “clone town”.
You may also want to watch:
The CLF will be held on Wednesday November 24 at Church House in Churchyard, Hitchin. Pre-discussions will start at 6.30pm, followed by the full meeting an hour later.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 3 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 Council criticised for 'shoddy' underpass paint job
- 8 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 9 Glimpses of the past: Exploring Hitchin from 1910 - 1950
- 10 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5