Christopher's recipe for success
A CHEF has won through to the final six of a prestigious cooking competition. Christopher Golding, from Stevenage, works at Nahm Restaurant at the Halkin in Belgravia, and will be cooking for the title of 2009 Roux Scholar next month. The 28-year-old secu
A CHEF has won through to the final six of a prestigious cooking competition.
Christopher Golding, from Stevenage, works at Nahm Restaurant at the Halkin in Belgravia, and will be cooking for the title of 2009 Roux Scholar next month.
The 28-year-old secured his place in the final with a roast rack of lamb with tapenade, saffron croquettes and glazed baby fellens, with a tomato jus and a hint of cumin.
He was also given a surprise box of ingredients on the day, including eggs, milk, double cream, sugar, gelatine and vanilla, and he created a milk panna cotta with vanilla mousse.
You may also want to watch:
The former Barclay School pupil will only be given the recipe he has to cook in the final when he arrives at the famous Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park on April 6.
Having been in the final twice before, this means a great deal to him. He said: "It is the only competition I have ever entered, and having been so close to the title twice before I am really hoping that this will be third time lucky!"
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 4 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 5 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 6 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 7 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 8 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 9 Delta variant makes up more than half of new cases across Herts areas
- 10 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
He will be judged by some of the country's most revered chefs, including the Roux brothers, Heston Blumenthal, Gary Rhodes and Brian Turner.
The competition winner will earn a whole host of prizes, including a three month stage - unpaid internship - at a three-star Michelin restaurant, and �5,000.
For more information about The Roux Scholarship, visit www.rouxscholarship.co.uk