Christopher's recipe for success
A CHEF has won through to the final six of a prestigious cooking competition. Christopher Golding, from Stevenage, works at Nahm Restaurant at the Halkin in Belgravia, and will be cooking for the title of 2009 Roux Scholar next month. The 28-year-old secu
A CHEF has won through to the final six of a prestigious cooking competition.
Christopher Golding, from Stevenage, works at Nahm Restaurant at the Halkin in Belgravia, and will be cooking for the title of 2009 Roux Scholar next month.
The 28-year-old secured his place in the final with a roast rack of lamb with tapenade, saffron croquettes and glazed baby fellens, with a tomato jus and a hint of cumin.
He was also given a surprise box of ingredients on the day, including eggs, milk, double cream, sugar, gelatine and vanilla, and he created a milk panna cotta with vanilla mousse.
The former Barclay School pupil will only be given the recipe he has to cook in the final when he arrives at the famous Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park on April 6.
Having been in the final twice before, this means a great deal to him. He said: "It is the only competition I have ever entered, and having been so close to the title twice before I am really hoping that this will be third time lucky!"
- 1 Man injured police officers while being arrested for drug offences
- 2 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Will housing expand into Green Belt land near Hitchin?
- 5 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 6 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 7 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
He will be judged by some of the country's most revered chefs, including the Roux brothers, Heston Blumenthal, Gary Rhodes and Brian Turner.
The competition winner will earn a whole host of prizes, including a three month stage - unpaid internship - at a three-star Michelin restaurant, and �5,000.
For more information about The Roux Scholarship, visit www.rouxscholarship.co.uk