Christmas lights switch-on in Letchworth GC
TODAY (Friday) is the official Christmas lights switch-on in Letchworth GC. There will be all the usual ingredients, plus a fireworks display from the roof of a nearby office building at the moment the lights go on. Local band Pink Champagne will be playi
TODAY (Friday) is the official Christmas lights switch-on in Letchworth GC.
There will be all the usual ingredients, plus a fireworks display from the roof of a nearby office building at the moment the lights go on.
Local band Pink Champagne will be playing live on stage in Leys Square from 5pm, with assistance from compere Gareth Jones.
A horse-drawn carriage will deliver Santa to the switch-on site in Leys Avenue at 6.15pm, ready for the switch-on at 6.30pm. He will be accompanied by cast members from local panto group, SPADS, in costume for this year's show, Jack and the Beanstalk.
You may also want to watch:
New for 2009 will be a team from the Wembley and Watford Eclipse Majorettes troupe, shaking their pompoms and twirling their batons.
Leys Avenue will be closed to traffic from noon to enable fairground rides to be brought in as an added attraction for this family event. The event will close at 8pm, and the road re-opens to traffic at 10pm.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years